400g ------- Strong White Bread Flour
300g ------- Water (room temperature)
25g ------- Olive Oil
8g ---------- Salt
80g ------- Sourdough Starter (active & bubbly)
How to make
1. Discard half of your starter, feed the starter with flour & water 1:1, and let it ferment for overnight or 8-12 hours at room temperature, when it has doubled in size, bubbly and active sourdough starter.
2. Mix together starter, flour & water in a large bowl, create slightly sticky of the dough for 3-5 minutes.
3. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel for rest about 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Add olive oil and salt, mix by hand and knead for 10-20 minutes in the bowl until fully incorporated.
5. Bulk Proof 4 hours in room temperature, Stretch & folds (4 sets) every 30 mins for the first 2 hours. The following 2 hours leave the dough rest in room temperature cover with a kitchen towel.
6. After 4 hours bulk proof cover the bowl with a reusable beeswax wrap or transfer in a plastic box with cover and cold-proof overnight in the fridge or 12 hours.
7. In the morning, take the dough out of the fridge and allow it to sit at room temperature for 1 – 2 hours.
8. Put some flour on the bench & little flour on top of the dough, and turn the dough out onto the bench.
9. Carefully stretch out the dough to a flat square/ rectangle shape, let it rise for an hour, cover with a kitchen towel.
10. Cut the dough into half and divide it into 4 pieces. Fold the dough into slipper shape, let it rest on the bench for 1 hour, transfer the dough on a backing plate for the shape proof, let it rise until puffy, take approx. 30 minutes to 1 hour. (fold the baking paper in between each dough to fixed the shape during the rise)
11. Preheat the oven to 250ºC, Bake with oven plate cover for approx. 25-30 minutes. Take off the cover of the baking plate bake for approx. 5 minutes in 200ºC when it’s golden brown.
12. Let the ciabattas cool down for at least 30 minutes before slicing.