Ingredients (serve 4-6)
- 1 ½ c quick cook tapioca pearls
- 1 1/2 c milkadamia Unsweetened (more depending on taste)
- 1 1/2tsp agave
- 2 c brewed black tea, chilled
- 2 c mango juice, chilled
- 2 c matcha tea, chilled
How to make
- Bring water and tapioca pearls to a boil, stirring occasionally. When water boils, reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand, covered about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan on low, mix water and molasses, stirring to make a brown syrup. Set aside.
- Put the cooked tapioca pearls in a sieve to drain, liquid will be slightly gelatinous – drain off most of the liquid.
- Drop the translucent bubbles into the molasses syrup and heat on lowest temp/flame. To test to see when done, bite into one or two until you get the traditional bubble texture, slightly chewy. Takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Brew matcha and black tea. Ensure you brew it strong. When cooled, add 1/2 cup milk and agave.
- Combine mango juice with 1/2 cup of milk.
- Drop 2-4 tablespoons of bubbles in a glass.
- Pour cold milk tea/juice over the bubbles. Serve with straws.