Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
- 1 cup Organic Red Rice
- 50g Green Curry Paste
- 200ml coconut cream
- 200ml water
- 400g Extra-Firm Tofu, 2 inch slices
- 80g tinned pineapple cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons pineapple syrup to taste
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced (optional)
- 5 basil leaves (optional)
- Cook the red rice.
- Add thickly cut slabs of tofu to the slightly salted water, ensuring the tofu is fully submerged. Take out the tofu after 30min, press the water out of the tofu slabs on the kitchen towel.
- Heat some oil in a pan on high heat and cook the tofu until browned on both sides
- Heat coconut cream in wok over low heat until cream is bubbling and slightly dried up.
- Add the Green Curry Paste and fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add tofu steak and mix through.
- Add water, bring to a simmer, then add pineapples.
- Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Season with pineapple syrup to taste. Serve garnished with lime leaves and basil and hot red rice.