Honey Maple Cheesecake
- 180g unsweetened yoghurt strained
- 70g sugar
- 40-50g 蜂蜜 (manuka with beechwood and kamahi squeeze bottle)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 100ml cream (not whipped)
- 6g powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 80g plain sweet biscuits
- 50g unsalted butter
- 150ml unsweetened black tea
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3g powdered gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water
- almond bee
- unsalted almonds
- sliced almonds
- honey as glue
How to make
- For the base, place the biscuit into a sealed bag and beat it with a rolling pin to break it into pieces. Place in a bowl, add the melted butter and mix.
- Press the biscuit mix into the bottom of the lined baking tin, place in the refrigerator and leave it to cool for 30 minutes.
- To make the filling. Sprinkle the gelatin over water and cook in the microwave for 20 seconds to dissolve.
- Place the honey, yoghurt and lemon juice into a bowl and mix until smooth with a whisk, add the gelatin mixture and combine well.
- Boil the cream in a saucepan over moderate heat for 8 minutes then gradually add to the yoghurt mixture.
- Pour the filling onto the biscuit lined baking tin and place the foam cushioning material over the top, place it in the refrigerator and leave to harden for approximately 30 minutes.
- To make the black tea jelly. Combine powdered gelatin with 2 tablespoons of water and leave to soften. Place the tea and sugar in a saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add gelatin and stir until dissolved- leave to cool to room temperature, (but not set)
- Slowly peel off the foam cushioning material from the filling. Pour over the black tea jelly and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours to complete!