Lemongrass Turmeric Seafood Pasta
- 2-3 servings of your favourite long pasta
- 6-7 tsp Mekhala Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste
- 330ml of light coconut milk
- 10-12 medium sized shrimp
- 200g cod fish, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Keep about ¼ cup of pasta water. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp, keep heads in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep dish pan at medium heat.
- Add in garlic and fry for about 30-40 seconds.
- Add in shrimp heads and fry till they turn red.
- Pour in coconut milk, boil for about 3 mins while pressing down on shrimp heads to release stock.
- After 3 mins, take out shrimp heads.
- Add in Organic Lemongrass Turmeric Paste, stir until combined.
- Add in onion, cook until translucent.
- Add in shrimp, fish, and saved pasta water.
- When shrimp and fish are 80% cooked, add in the pasta and spinach. Toss until spinach has cooked.
- Take off heat when shrimp and fish are fully cooked.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!