Vegan Béchamel Sauce
Ingredients (serve 1 cup)
- 3 tbsp almond creme
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp plain or gluten free flour
- 1/2 litre almond milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Pinch of nutmeg
How to make
- Melt coconut oil and Almo Crème in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add flour and cook, stirring continuously, for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles start to form.
- Gradually add Almo Milk while whisking to ensure no lumps form. Add optional bay leaf, nutritional yeast flakes and turmeric.
- Bring mixture to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring continuously, for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken. Add a pinch of nutmeg and season with sea salt and cracked pepper to serve.