Ingredients (serve 4)
- 300g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 sachet of Active Yeast (3-4g)
- 200ml Lukewarm Water
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
How to make
1. In a large bowl combine the strong white bread flour, salt, and dry active yeast.
2. Create a well in the middle of the flour mix and pour in the lukewarm water.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir the ingredients to combine. Once it becomes too sticky to stir, switch to using your hands.
4. On a floured surface, knead the dough for about 2 minutes.
5. Roll the dough into a ball, place it back into the large mixing bowl and brush with some olive oil. Cover the bowl with cling film and place it in a warm place for 2 hours.
6. After 2 hours, preheat your oven to 200C. Push the air out of the risen dough, then remove it from the bowl, divide it in two parts and gently knead each half on a lightly floured surface for 1 minute.
7. Using your hands shape your pizza base. Press down the ball of dough, then pick it up to carefully stretch it into a larger round shape. Place the dough back down and press it into place with your fingers. You’re looking to get the dough to about 0.5-1cm thickness.
8. Top your pizza with passata and evenly spread it across the dough. Add the grilled artichokes, grilled peppers, sundried tomatoes, sprinkle with vegan cheese (optional) then bake it in the pre-heated oven for 12 minutes.