Chickpea Rice Mushroom Risotto
Ingredients (serve 2)
- 2 Shallots, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 300g Chestnut Mushrooms, diced
- 50ml Vegan White Wine (optional)
- 125g of Chickpea Rice
- A handful of Fresh Thyme
- 300-500ml Vegetable Stock
- 100ml Vegan Cream
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
How to make
- To a large pan add the extra virgin olive oil alongside the finely diced shallots. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat, then add the minced garlic.
- Add the sliced chestnut mushrooms to the pan and cook until the shallots are translucent and the mushrooms softening. Pour in the white wine and let most of the liquid cook to evaporate.
- Sprinkle the chickpea rice into the pan and stir to combine. Allow it to cook for a minute then add in the fresh thyme and slowly begin to pour in the vegetable stock, a little at a time. Continue to add liquid until it’s all soaked up and the chickpea rice cooked (10-12 minutes)
- Gently pour in the vegan cream & stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.