Ingredients (serve 4-5)
1 Small Grated Carrot
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped Italian dried herbs
1 tin Lentils
1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
300ml vegetable stock
300g Halved Cherry Tomatoes
2 Tbsp. Tomato Puree
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Sugar
4-5 servings Whole Wheat Spaghetti
Fresh Basil, roughly chopped
Salt and Pepper, to taste
How to make
1. In a large pan, cook the carrots and onion until soft.
2. Add the garlic, cherry tomatoes, and herbs and cook for another minute.
3. Add the tomato paste and lentils and stir thoroughly.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and let simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes.
5. In the meantime, cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
6. Spoon the spaghetti onto each plate with the bolognese, adding chopped basil leaves, grated vegan cheese, and any salt and pepper.