Lentil Spaghetti Bolognese
Ingredients (serve 4-5)
- 1 Small Grated Carrot
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, chopped Italian dried herbs
- 1 tin Lentils
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 300g Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 4-5 servings Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- Fresh Basil, roughly chopped
- Vegan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How to make
- In a large pan, cook the carrots and onion until soft.
- Add the garlic, cherry tomatoes, and herbs and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste and lentils and stir thoroughly.
- Add chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock and let simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
- Spoon the spaghetti onto each plate with the bolognese, adding chopped basil leaves, grated vegan cheese, and any salt and pepper.