Maca is a Peruvian plant grown in the Andes mountains. Belonging to the group of cruciferous vegetables, it provides an earthy flavour which can be ground up and used in meals or smoothies. Some of its benefits include increased fertility, an energy, mood, and endurance boost, improved learning and memory, and reduced blood pressure and sun damage. This versatile powder has also been demonstrated to offer a range of benefits for sexual health and wellbeing.
Ingredients - mix in a blender
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Tapioca flour / Oatmeal
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 tbsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp almond milk
Topping - to serve:
- Coconut Yoghurt
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round (you should be able to fit 2 to 3 in a large skillet).
- Cook until the surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve warm, with desired toppings.