Mushroom Piccata with Artichokes
Ingredients (serve 3)
- 3 servings of Organic Spaghetti
- 200g King Oyster Mushrooms, sliced lengthways
- 50ml Plant-based Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan Butter
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 80ml White Wine or Dry Sherry
- 80ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Capers Drained
- 4 pieces of Grilled Artichokes
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
How to make
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, and reserve a ladle of pasta water for later.
- Brush the sliced mushrooms with the plant-based milk.
- Place the sliced mushrooms in a food bag or bowl and toss around with the flour. Tap off excess flour and reserve.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil and 1 tbsp. of butter in a skillet.
- Working in batches, add enough sliced mushrooms to comfortably fit your pan. Sauté the mushrooms until well-cooked and golden. Place cooked mushrooms to the side and keep them lightly covered. You could also keep them in a warm oven if you have more than two batches to cook. When all of the mushrooms are cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Add in the extra flour from the coating process into the pan, and cook for one minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the lemon juice, wine or dry sherry, and the stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by about one-third, or until you have a thin sauce that coats the back of a wooden spoon. Season thoroughly.
- Add the capers, artichoke hearts and most of the parsley to the pan and stir. Now add the mushrooms and gently turn in the sauce to coat.
- Either add the hot pasta and coat it in the sauce, or plate up the pasta individually and top with the mushroom piccata. Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve hot.