Ingredients (serve 4)
8oz of pasta (whatever is on hand or you prefer)
1 cup vegetable broth
1 cup unsweetened milkadamia
1/4 cup flour (can substitute in gluten free)
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons buttery spread
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
16oz brown or white button mushrooms, sliced (about 6 cups sliced)
For garnish: 1 handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped (if have this)
How to make
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large. When hot add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion turns translucent. Reduce the heat and add the mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms have softened.
- Pour in the broth mixture and continue to cook, stir as needed for about 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the cooked pasta and mix to combine. Garnish if desired.