Szechuan (Sichuan) Mapo Tofu
- 2-3 tsp Organic Szechuan Mala Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp of your favourite stock
- ½ tsp Chinese Black Vinegar
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Shao Xing wine or any Asian cooking wine
- 1 tbsp Green Onion, diced
- 10oz (300g) Tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp Canola Oil or Sesame Oil
How to make
- Mix Mekhala Organic Szechuan Mala Chilli Paste, stock, black vinegar, soy sauce, cooking wine, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium heat.
- Pour mixture from Step 1 into pan.
- Add tofu to pan. Stir gently so as to not break up the tofu too much, but ensuring that all the pieces are coated with sauce.
- Simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take pan off the heat and transfer tofu and sauce into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!